Twenty Five Oscar Wilde Quotes to Live By:
1. Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoyed them so much.
2. Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
3. I am not young enough to know everything.
4. Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
5. The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
6. The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
7. Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
8. My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people’s.
9. I can resist anything but temptation.
10. Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about.
11. Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes
12. What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
13. The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
14. I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.
15. I love acting. It is so much more real than life.
16. A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
17. America is the only country that went from barbarianism to decadence without civilization in between.
18. A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction.
19. A true friend stabs you in the front.
20. All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
21. All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.
22. An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
23. Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
24. Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people, by the people, for the people.
25. Every should keep someone else’s diary.